welcome to hope's blog

Friday, October 07, 2005

My graduate papper

My graduate papper's topic is "The future of English in Japan : will it become a subject in elementary schools?".
I am interested in English education for children. I presuppose my question's answer is "Yes". It's because, I think, recently Japanese children tend to lack the communication ability. English activities are useful to make rlationships between children and children,teathers, other people etc….So I guess English education in elementary school is effective in improving the ability. And, the English education in elementary schools is connects to children's international understanding. I think, to understand foreign countries' cultures, languages etc… steer to children's eloquent minds.
Then, I am also interested in cooperation between elementary schools and junior high schools and high school. I think it is important to have longtime prospect.
Now I am reading some books for my papper. I want to reserch more hardly to find my own answers.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger JH said...

I attended a forum on the future of elementary school English education in Japan last weekend at the JALT conference. The biggest issue is cooperation between elementary schools, junior high schools, and high schools. Right now there is very little cooperation and the educational goals of each level are different. While most English programs in elementary schools focus on making children into enthusiastic communicators, junior and senior high schools (more so senior high schools than junior high schools) focus on linguistic knowledge. At the forum, a high school teacher said that it would be very difficult for high schools to shift their focus. I was disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home